I’ve complained A LOT about all the terrible things that have happened in 2012. I still hold emphatically to the fact that 2012 has not been a shining year for me and I’m honestly just proud of myself for making it through the year in one piece (kind of)… and still managing to have hope. That being said, there are a lot of GOOD things that have happened in 2012! I feel like all the happy moments have been overshadowed by the negative. So here’s to honoring the things I loved about 2012 (in no particular order):
2) Making a new best friend, Kitty:
3) Discovering the tasty goodness of The Cinnamon Snail vegan cuisine:
4) Embracing LOTS of pizza into my life! Seriously, I’m obsessed with pizza. Some may call it a problem, I consider it a blessing.
5) New Transportation — biking! I got to re-discover the West River in a new way and biking kept me sane when I couldn’t run. I also learned to get around the city like a bad-ass (note: probably one of my more dangerous hobbies, but walking in the city isn’t real safe for me either).
7) Running the Brooklyn Half. My not have been the smartest idea and I probably should have walked part of it when my IT Band started killing at mile 6, but that’s just not how I roll. I’ll chalk that up to my fatal flaw, but ending on the beach of Coney Island with a huge cheering crowd made it all worth it.
8) Eating lots of lobster in Maine!
10) Running the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon with my Soul Sister and favorite running buddy ever! Again, this could probably be added to the “stupid” list of things I’ve done, but worth every single ache and pain. Seriously, the Disney Half weekend and race was the highlight of the year. I may be not running now (AGAIN) due to it, but it taught me that I really can do anything:
Oh hey, I didn’t die!
11) Signing the contract of my boyfriend’s and my first home purchase, a lovely apartment in Tribeca (fingers crossed the next 60 days go well and we move in February!). Please note, this does not make me a grown-up, I refuse the title.
12) Celebrating the magic of the Christmas Season. If only I focused on tap dancing instead of ballet…c’est le vie…
13) Following my dreams and doing what I love:
Started to teach TRX classes at Remorca’s The Studio:
There you have it, 12 AMAZING things that came out of 2012 and one for good luck
QUESTIONS: What has made your year exceptional???